Saturday, 9 June 2007

A meme. Me me me meeeeeee

Having never done a meme, I thought I'd jump in and do the latest one... why not :D

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
I SO need a hair cut!

2. How much cash do you have on you? About $60. I use cash more than cards, am I the only one left nowadays?

3. What's a word that rhymes with DOOR? Herbivore, At the door, Had their salad, wanting more. Carnivore, On the floor, Too much steak and now real sore. Teeheee.

4. Favourite planet? Earth... I live here, it's pretty, and y'know, it has air & water & other stuff that I like to have around me :D

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? My Auntie

6. What is your favourite ring tone on your phone? I only have the really simple ones. Time to upgrade my phone! I don't have a favourite, they're ALL equally horrible.

7. What shirt are you wearing? An old T-shirt.

8. Do you label yourself? Hmmm. Maybe? Sometimes...

9. Name the brand of the shoes you're currently wearing: Old black socks, actually! But my shoes, when I'm wearing them, are cheapo Slazengers.

10. Bright or Dark Room? Currently in a naturally lit room, vaguely dim because it's clouding over.

11. Why is there always a missing question? Banana!

12. What does your watch look like? It looks like a cellphone, a video, an oven, a microwave and a BG meter. I don't need a watch these days, the time is all around me!

13. What were you doing at midnight last night? Loading windows onto my son's computer after a big format & change around.

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell phone say? "Wil keep u posted" From Karen who is going to let me know when she's dropping off her old computer to play with / do up / sell or stash in the garage with piles of other crap ;)

15. Where is your nearest 7-11? Many many miles away, on the other side of the world! No such thing here in New Zealand.

16. What's a word that you say a lot? "Bugger"

17. Who told you he/she loved you last? My son, and my son's friend told me that her dog loves me :D

18. Last furry thing you touched? Deefer, that same dog.

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? None recreational (ever!). A couple of pills most days for my health, and heaps of insulin.

20. How many rolls of film do you need developed? A few, but I can't find them... These days I stick with digital.

21. Favourite age you have been so far? I don't know - maybe 32, though I'm only part way through it, it's looking like a good year.

22. Your worst enemy? Diabetes - I keep trying to beat it. So far I always win but dammit it knocks me back sometimes.

23. What is your current desktop picture? I never got around to setting a new wallpaper since I formatted about a month ago! So it's an ugly Microsoft blue.

24. What was the last thing you said to someone? "Yes" (when asked if the kids could take a towel into their 'spaceship').

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly, what would it be? The money for sure. As nice as it would be to fly around the place, I'd rather have a CGMS, a new car, own my own house, and be able to buy plane tickets!

26. Do you like someone? I like lots of people :P (but not, y'know, like THAT, well not really...)

27. The last song you listened to? Get Back - Beatles. Kiddo & 'friendo' were listening to some old records on our stereo. Yes, I said records - cool huh?

28. What time of day were you born? Morning Tea time, I think.

29. What's your favourite number? No favourite, though I often say '17' if I have to pick a number out of the air, especially if I'm exaggerating - like "I musta formatted that darned thing about 17 times since last Tuesday!'

30. Where did you live in 1987? With my parents, in Wainuiomata (can you pronounce that?! teehee!). My littlest sister was just a toddler and I was heading for College.

31. Are you jealous of anyone? Jealousy is a wasted emotion... I dislike feeling jealous, but unfortunately I can be a jealous person. At the moment there's no one I'm particularly jealous of though :)

32. Is anyone jealous of you? I wouldn't think so.

33. Where were you when 9/11 happened? In bed. I was just waking up when I heard about the second plane hitting (at least, that's how I remember it. Not sure what time of day it was for us on this side of the world. It could be that it happened hours earlier and I was waking to the news)

34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Can't say I've had that happen. I don't use them :) However, when the guy at the dairy steals my money I turn him upside down and shake him.

35. Do you consider yourself kind? Yep, too much so. I can be a doormat at times. I can be a bitch sometimes too, but never intentionally.

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? I wouldn't want one. But I suppose, if I HAD to get one, it'd be something small and pretty around my ankle, or upper back. Or maybe on my forehead "Don't mess with me" lol. I think the idea of having 'insulin dependent diabetic' on the wrist is a good idea, at least that way there's no bracelet to lose! But I still don't think I'd do that.

37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be? EVERY other language! I'd love to know them all.

38. Would you move for the person you loved? If I had to, but not easily. I LOVE this place and I love being close-ish to all my friends & family.

39. Are you touchy-feely? Depends on the day, the hormones, the people I'm with... but generally no.

40. What's your life motto? Do unto others...

41. Name three things you have on you at all times: My insulin, my BG meter, and a lolly or two.

42. What's your favorite town/city? Kapiti / Foxton areas. All along the west coast of lower North Island. Gorgeous beaches and friendly relaxed people. Some small town areas but all close enough to bigger towns so you don't feel shut off. Great weather :)

43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? My medicines at the chemist yesterday. Both my son and I got scripts for pretty much everything at once, and it was a whole lot more money than I'm used to paying in one go!

44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? Last year. I Just thought, I haven't written in AGES, so I penned a letter to a friend and really enjoyed it. Surprised myself when I found I could still write tidily - also learnt that I prefer typing and I'm much faster at it! I missed the backspace key too lol

45. Can you change the oil on a car? Could do, but haven't yet. Happy to fiddle under the bonnet (hood!) and change tyres etc - though car engines aint what they used to be! I get lost in there!

46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her? Probably nothing since I heard that his mother died a few years back.

47. How far back do you know your ancestry? I know back to my great-great grandparents, but my cousin has researched lots and found quite a long line of family.

48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy? I wore a badly made bridesmaid dress that I had to pin onto a corset so it would fit! (this was a dress supposedly tailored to fit me perfectly...). It was still quite gorgeous, we all were determined to make it work, and it worked out fine :)

49. Does anything hurt on your body right now? NO! Yay I'm pain free at the moment!

50. Have you ever been burned by love? Yup.

51. Do you have a crush on any bloggers? Not one. But I'm still new to the blogging world and I probably just have to get to know you all better ;)

52. Where would you like to live? Here!

No comments: